When I’m asked what’s the one change that people can make right now to have a better workout, lose more fat and build more muscle, the answer is easy. Get more sleep and better quality sleep.Here are five of the top reasons that you should focus on sleeping more to look better.
1) Sleep is the most anabolic time of the day
During a restful night sleep our body will pump out more growth hormone then any other time of the day. Maximizing growth hormone is essential for losing fat and building muscle so it would be smart to get to sleep as early as you can.
2) Sleep is when our body repairs itself
R.E.M. or rapid eye movement describes a deep state of sleep where our body figures out the problems that we’ve dealt with all day and boasts the immune system amongst other things.
3) Sleep is when our body uses fat for energy
While it isn’t a big fat burning effect, the best thing comes when we wake up. The better the quality of sleep, the better we will burn fat with more exercise.
4) Sleep is when our body boasts our immune system
Our immune system health is directly linked to how we much muscle we can build and how much fat we can lose.
5) Sleep helps us recover from grueling workoutsThere’s a reason that professional bodybuilders sleep post workout. A post workout nap will help to reduce post workout soreness and aid recovery so that the next training session can be productive.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Posted by Jimmy Smith at 1:41 PM